Business Development Manager
Location: US-California-Fremont (HQ)
BizLink Technology, Inc. is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to support our sales department in Fremont office. BDM works to improve BizLink Technology’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. BDM will work with the internal team, technical staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, the BDM needs to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. The BDM will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. BDM will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict the clients’ future needs. We manufacture cables, wiring harnesses, power cords, connectors and related interconnect devices at our own factories in China, Malaysia and in Cd. Juarez, Mexico. We serve a diverse customer base in the motor vehicle, industrial equipment, medical equipment, solar power, IT/Computer and Consumer Electronics industries.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. You must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with BizLink Technology. You must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. You are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. You will work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the BDM’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs,concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positiveconclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback andinformation on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view todeveloping new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase insales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique sellingpropositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with the engineering and operations staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose that will continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience.
- An MBA is a plus.
Other Skills & Qualifications:
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office. BizLink offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a commission plan. BizLink is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
BizLink offers competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Why Join BizLink:
We are a public company with strong resources, but operate in a way where each individual counts and where you have a chance to personally make a mark on the positive development of the company. You will interface with our global top management of the company and have an opportunity to be part of a team eager to succeed. We are always looking for positive business relationships and win-win situations and have many decades-long supplier partnerships with global leaders in the various industries we participate in. At BizLink, integrity is paramount. You will be involved in a multitude of new and exciting business areas, as we eagerly search out opportunities in what is new and what is developing, such as electric vehicles, energy storage and renewable energy. Your positive contributions will be rewarded.