Engineering Project Manager
Location: US-Minnesota-MinneapolisBizLink Technology Inc. is looking for an Engineering Project Manager who oversees NPI process from pre-prototype stage through production stage, ensuring that we provide our customers high-quality deliverables on time and on budget. We manufacture cables, wiring harnesses, connectors and related interconnect devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor schedule and all NPI, Quoting and APQP/PPAP activities in each build. Drive the cross-functional team throughout a complete NPI project life cycle, from Pre-Prototype to Ramp Up Production with the proper cost analysis.
- Work as the primary interface between customer and factory. Evaluate customer's needs and convert customer's requirements into clear and measurable action items. Drive factory team for the deliverables to customers in a timely manner.
- Need to work with a broad cross-functional team of EE/ME/PIE/Production/Sales/Tooling/Quality/Sourcing team to meet the project goals. Drive daily meetings with factories, prepare and organize materials presenting to customers.
- Master all NPI cost activities, from quotation preparation. Track PO and invoice with customer service team together.
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assess and communicate issues and risks from Pre-Proto to Ramp. Work with a cross-functional team for mitigation plans. Make proper escalation as needed. Track critical milestones, identify and initiate appropriate actions to remove potential barriers.
- Report status to management team on a weekly basis; Support customer visit; Make organized documentation and establish related project database.
- BS is required, MS preferred
- Strong Engineering background; ME/EE preferred
- PMP certification is a PLUS but not required
- Min. 5+ years project management experience is required; experience in car electronics, powersports or ODM/OEM industry is PLUS
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures
- Experienced with project management tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good at preparing meeting slides with good presentation skills
- Ability to travel internationally to support customer visits
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin is a plus
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Capable to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles, fast working paced environment and remain flexible and calm when facing uncertainty
- Be able to efficiently communicate/collaborate with a wide spectrum of X-functional team members to achieve project goals
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and work with diverse personality types; must have the ability to create positive relationships with internal and external teams
Ability to work independently with focus, persistence and a "can-do" attitude are all important characteristics of a successful candidate. We will train you for specific job-related skills, as required.
Why join BizLink:
We are a public company with strong resources, but operate in a way where each individual counts and where you have a chance to personally make a mark on the positive development of the company. You will interface with our global top management of the company and have an opportunity to be part of a team eager to succeed. We are always looking for positive business relationships and win-win situations and have many decades-long supplier partnerships with global leaders in the various industries we participate in. At BizLink, integrity is paramount. You will be involved in a multitude of new and exciting business areas, as we eagerly search out opportunities in what is new and what is developing, such as electric vehicles, energy storage and renewable energy. Your positive contributions will be rewarded.
BizLink offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a bonus plan linked to performance.
We are a U.S.-headquartered and vertically integrated manufacturer of interconnect products (connectors, wire, cable assemblies, wiring harnesses, fiber optic devices, etc.) with manufacturing in China, Malaysia, Mexico, Europe, and the U.S. We were founded in 1996, are a public company and serve customers in industrial, motor vehicle, medical device, IT, Consumer Electronics, Renewable Energy and other markets. Some of our key customers are Dell, HP, Microsoft, GE Healthcare, Tesla, and Polaris.
BizLink is an Equal Opportunity employer.