Deviations from “Corporate Governance Best-Practice Principles for TWSE/TPEx Listed Companies” and reasons
I. Actualizing the promotion of
corporate governance policies
Condition where the Company sets forth
corporate social responsibility policies or regulations and examines
performance results from the implementation.
2. The Company's promotion of corporate social responsibility by holding regular related trainings.
3. The Company's establishment of a dedicated Board authorized task force, to promote corporate social responsibility and present relevant reports to the Board.
4. The Company's establishment of a sound salary and compensation policy connecting employee performance evaluations to corporate social responsibility and delineating a clear and effective review system.
1. The Company's establishment of "Corporate Social Responsibility Best Practices" to stipulate employee policy with code of conduct and regulations, ensuring safe and clean environment as well as safekeeping of hazardous materials (regarding energy, production material and waste). The Company will also conduct regular reviews held by the task force and associated departments.
2. The Company has designated instructors and arranged routine trainings on corporate social responsibility.
3. The HR department is in charge of promoting corporate
social responsibility for planning and carrying out the related strategies,
projects and cross-departmental communications.
4. The Company has established a sound salary and compensation policy connecting employee performance evaluations to corporate social responsibility. Employees will be rewarded when participating in community activities or benefiting others significantly.
II. Develop sustainable environments
1. Condition where the Company is devoted to enhancing the effective use of all resources and making use of recycled materials that pose the least impact to the environment.
Condition facilitating the Company
establishment of an appropriate
environment management system compliant with industry characteristics
3. The Company's awareness of impacts from climate change to business activities, implementation of greenhouse gas inventory, stipulation of a strategy for energy conservation, as well as carbon and greenhouse gas reduction.
1. The Company has established effective waste management
procedures that separate waste into three types in accordance with their
natures and entrust certified waste management services for disposition and
2. The Company’s product line includes connecting wires, connectors, solar junction boxes, wire harnesses and cables, and optical components. The Company is dedicated to establishing the optimal environment management system to fulfill environmental protection responsibilities by insisting on pollution prevention and continuous improvement of green product manufacturing while implementing a quality management system to promote social development and enhance operational efficiency.
(1) ISO 14001:2004 Environment Management System: plants that receive the certificate include Shenzhen plants (Xiang Yao, Bizconn, TongYing), Queen Mao, OptiWorks, BizLink Electronics and Malaysia plant for implementation measures on energy saving, environment protection, and waste disposition. This builds a foundation for the continuous improvement of procedures to reduce environmental hazards for long term ecological balance.
(2) Microsoft certification laboratory:Laboratory Accreditation for OEM (ISO/IEC 17025) and testing laboratory for lead and hazardous materials
(3) Environment protection plant:
Certifications for EU RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive) and OHSAS 18001 occupational health and Safety environmental plant
3. To ensure that the production and manufacturing processes of our halogen free materials conform with the European RoHS Standards an environment evaluation report and sewage discharge permission were obtained before establishing a halogen free material production plant. In addition, industry waste such as the residue of ink solvent from processing wire harnesses, stamping process, and chemical residue from the maintenance of mold and injection molding machines is relatively low, and has been approved by the QC080000 Hazardous Substance Process Management system. The Company takes corporate social responsibility seriously; and strives to conform with environmental protection standards by reducing its’ carbon footprint every step of the way.
Greenhouse gas emission for the past two years:
Prior to 2014 current inventory checks were conducted in the Kunshan and Xiang Yao plants. As of 2014 current inventory checks are also conducted in the TongYing plant . The procedure will gradually be deployed to other plants in China.
In-house R&D procedures executed in order to reduce energy usage and greenhouse emissions:
(1) In-plant energy saving
(2) Production line upgrade
(3) Power management in office buildings and retail locations
III. Maintenance of social welfare
1. The Company's complies
with relevant laws and regulations, and the International Bill of Human
Rights to establish related management policies and procedures.
2. The Company's establishment of due mechanism and channels handling
3. The Company's offers a safe and healthy working environment for its
employees and provides safety and health education regularly.
4. The Company establishment of an internal communication platform to , notify employees of any significant operational changes.
5. The availability of effective career development plans employees.
6. The Company's creation of consumer rights policies and communication
channels regarding its processes on R&D, procurement, production,
operational processing and service.
7. The Compliance of relevant laws, regulations and international
guidelines when marketing or labeling its’ products.
8. The Company's verification of records pertaining to its’ suppliers'
negative impact on the environment and society.
9. The Company's capability to terminate contracts with its suppliers any time the supplier has violated such policy or has caused significant negative impact on the environment and society.
1. To conduct due diligence on human rights issues and stipulate related management policies and procedures the Company has conformed with the International Bill of Human Rights; including the U.N. "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" and "Labor Standard from ILO". The Company has also established the "Business and Human Rights: Protect, Respect and Remedy Framework" and "Guiding Principles" to support this initiative.
2. To address this issue, the Company has created "Management Practices for Employee Complaints" located in the employee handbook. In principle, claimants shall appeal via chain of command system. For extraordinary matters, employees are allowed to appeal via channels that he or she finds appropriate.
3. The Company aims to provide a secure, healthy and comfortable working environment for the employees. A healthy environment will be achieved by promoting the right mindset, sound bodies and sound minds. In addition to employee health, BizLink conducts safety tests and hygiene education sessions on a regular basis. Regulations and related files regarding worker safety and hygiene are made available for viewing on internal website.
4. Diverse channels to communicate with employees and provide business strategy updates:
(1) To facilitate bi-directional communication within managerial layers: all-manager meetings are held every six months.
(2) Each subsidiary maintains a presidential mailbox: employees can send all suggestions directly to the mailbox.
(3) Internal network communication system: the internal network keeps all information for future search and updates timely new release, product information and management policies.
5. Personality & aptitude tests will be given to newly-hired college graduates when during the on-boarding process. Guidance regarding career paths will be provided after. A dual promotion system is adopted for existing staff to develop their career in a professional or management field based on personal will and characteristics. Four-month training, including on-job education and rotation, will be required for a new manager to strengthen their management capabilities.
6. With a core value of integrity and being customer oriented, the Company considers customers to be partners and aims to create mutual benefits for both parties. The Customer Service department is responsible for customer complaints, and conducts an annual satisfaction survey for continuous improvement.
7. The Company has established "Corporate Social Responsibility Best Practice Principles" in addition to following the related regulations and international standards regarding the marketing and labeling of its’ services and products.
8. To encourage supplier corporate social responsibility, suppliers must comply with the "Guarantee for maintaining corporate social responsibility" policy. Before engaging with BizLink, the suppliers must obtain the corresponding environment protection document and ROHS certification. Prior impact on environment and society from the suppliers is evaluated on the below criteria:
(1) Availability of technology, quality criteria and testing methodology for raw materials
(2) Availability of conducting quality system examinations on material vendors
(3) Completed records when making orders to qualified vendors
(4) Availability of tracking procurement procedures
(5) Availability of environment protection labeling on packaging
(6) Availability of raw material suppliers’ environment protection agreement and social responsibility violation records.
9. The Company has included its corporate social responsibility in supplier contracts. The Company has the right to terminate a contract any time a supplier violates any of the policy stated below or makes significant negative impact to the environment and society. Terms and conditions:
(1) Based on "Raw Material Procurement Contract", the Company stipulates environmental protection standards, termination clauses and associated damages with the vendor. These require that the supplier conduct business activities with due consideration of labor health and safety, friendly working environment, legal compliance, code of ethics, EICC qualification and ban on using metal from controversial mining areas.
(2) According to supplier's "Guarantee for maintaining corporate social responsibility", vendors shall not apply materials from controversial mining areas. However, vendors shall comply with all related laws and regulations, as well as related standards covering employee management, health and safety, environment and ethics. Vendors will also understand the Company's right to terminate any transaction when violating corporate social responsibility.
IV. Reinforce information disclosure
The Company's disclosure regarding status of corporate social responsibility on its website and Market Observation Post System.
Regular updates on corporate responsibility information will be available on the Company’s website (http://www.bizlinktech.com/).